The PALAS AQ Guard is the one of the most advanced portable real-time dust/particle monitoring instruments on the market. It’s a compact, feature-packed real-time multi-function dust/ particle monitor suitable for a wide range of indoor and outdoor air quality measurement applications. It features a wide particle size range, 64 high-resolution particle size channels, a massive 10 GB of data storage, and many other features WAY beyond the capabilities of competitive instruments on the market. A newly developed mass conversion algorithm calculates PM values based on single-particle optical light scattering, taking signal duration and shape into account. The sensor system and advanced algorithms were developed based on the same technology as used in the EN 16450 certified Palas Fidas 200. An outdoor-rated ambient version of this model is also available (with heated aerosol inlet) which achieves precision comparable to type approved analyzers, which makes AQ Guard really stand out when compared to similar devices on the market.
- Simultaneous PM1, PM2.5, PM4, PM10 and TSP (total PM) particle mass measurements
- Particle counts (number)
- Particle size distribution over 64 high-resolution particle size channels
- Atmospheric pressure (700 – 1,100 hPa)
- Temperature (-20 to +60 degrees C)
- Relative humidity (0 to 100%)
- CO2 (0 to 5,000 ppm) using NDIR
- TVO2 (0 to 60,000 ppb)
- Integral infection risk
- Infection risk index
- Air quality index (in accordance with European regulations)
- 175nm to 20um wide particle size range
- 64 high-resolution particle size channels
- 0 to 20,000 ug/m3 (20mg/m3) particle mass measurement range
- Simultaneous PM1, PM2.5, PM4, PM10, and TSP dust fraction measurements
- Simultaneous particle counts and particle size distribution measurements
- Simultaneous temperature, relative humidity, pressure, CO2, TVOC, germ indicator, infection risk index, and air quality index measurements
- 1.0 LPM flow rate
- USB, Ethernet, WI-FI and optional UMTS communications
- Built-in SIM CARD slot for true 3G / 4G mobile wireless operation
- Large 800 x 480 Pixel 12.7cm color touch screen display
- 10 GB enormous data storage capacity
- Lightweight at only 2.4Kg
- Fast 1-second response time
- -20 to + 50 degrees C temperature range
- 22 Mhz fast signal processor with 256 raw data channels
- Optional heated inlet for removing moisture in the air
- The same technology as used in the world-renowned Palas Fidas 200 series which are EN16450 and MCERTS approved.
- Computation of air quality index based on measurements of particulates, CO2, and VOC
- Extremely high accuracy measurements due to advanced algorithms
- Long term stability due to self-calibration for measurement of flow rate, particulates, and gaseous pollutants
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise operating system
- Palas PDAnalyze advanced measurement software included
- Low power consumption (15 watts)
- Operates on AC, DC, or even power-over-Ethernet
- 2-year calibration interval
- Indoor air quality monitoring
- Outdoor air quality monitoring
- Production processes
- Occupational health & safety exposure monitoring
- Testing HEPA filters
- Monitoring inside mining equipment cabins to ISO 23875 (temperature, humidity, CO2, particle counts, particle size, particle mass)
- Bulk material handling (mixing, discharge, storage, packaging)
- Fenceline Monitoring outdoors
- Construction sites, roads, railroads, demolition sites
- Buildings, schools, kindergartens, hospitals, hotels, offices, public service buildings
- Residential buildings near construction sites or other polluted areas
- Public transportation, airports, train stations, tramways & underground stations, cruise ships, passenger cabins
In addition to monitoring PM2.5 and PM10, which are commonly monitored in industry, the AQ Guard simultaneously calculates and records PM1, PM4, the total dust load, the particle number concentration (counts) as well as the particle size distribution. The AQ Guard provides precise and comprehensive information about particulates of which only a single particle counting and sizing instrument can.
The AQ Guard is designed for unattended, continuous operation and features an extraordinarily durable sampling gas blower. The system is also specially designed to resist getting contaminated in the field, however in the unlikely event that it did, it can be easily cleaned by the end-user. Exceptional long term stability of the measurement system is achieved by automatic calibration tracking, which also allows up to two years of operation without recalibration. Calibration status can be checked, using a test powder provided by Palas. This makes Palas aerosol spectrometers the ONLY optical fine dust monitors which can be user calibrated with a traceable standard on-site.
The AQ Guard is also calibrated against the world-renowned Palas Fidas 200S. The Fidas 200S is fully MCERTS and EN 16450 certified and is used as a primary reference instrument for monitoring dust and airborne particulates in government monitoring stations and by organizations throughout the world. The graph below shows the strong correlation between the 2 instruments.
Auxiliary sensors for CO2 and volatile organic compounds (VOC) built into AQ Guard provide data for calculating an indoor air quality index (AQI) according to the European model. The AQ Guard also records air temperature, pressure, and relative humidity. Since CO2 is a tracer for human breath, the combined measurement of CO2 content and particle size distribution can be used to indicate air contamination by germs and particles emitted by humans. Indoors it is possible to determine the fraction of the air that has been exhaled by persons present which contain potentially infectious particles. This kind of data evaluation represents the latest technology for assessing indoor air quality and is available as an “infection risk indicator” (pat. pending) already built-in to the Palas AQ Guard. An assessment of air pollution with respect to human aerosols is more specific and meaningful than a general air quality index (AQI).
The AQ Guard features fast data interfaces and allows real-time access over Ethernet, WiFi, or a cellular network. Since all the results are calculated and recorded within the analyzer it requires no external data processing. Users retain full control over their data and decide over information access. The AQ Guard can also provide numerical data, using various communication protocols, as well as visualize information on any type of device using a modern web interface.
Compact design and optional power supply on the Ethernet port (PoE) simplifies installation in buildings and integration in existing infrastructure.